2020 Audiology Certification Standards: What You Need To Know
October 1, 2019
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Audiology students, academic program directors, academic faculty, and clinical educators, this session is strictly for you! Get answers to your questions about ASHA's new certification standards in audiology which take effect on January 1, 2020. Members of ASHA's certification staff, along with current and former members of the Council for Clinical Certification in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CFCC), will be available to answer your questions. This live chat will help answer your questions about:
- how to navigate the new online application process
- certification standards changes that are coming in 2020
- applying for certification under the new standards (including how to apply if all your clinical hours were not completed under a CCC-A), and
- when to apply for certification
All current and soon-to-be certificate holders should be familiar with the new requirements for supervision and ethics professional development, and how to be prepared for implementation in 1/1/2020.
To prepare for the chat, read about the
2020 Certification Standards Changes.
- Gretchen Ehret Hoshaw, MA, CCC-SLP, ASHA Associate Director of Certification, Programs, Rockville, MD
- Lynn Flahive, CCC-SLP, BCS-CL, CFCC Past Chair, Clinic Director and Assistant Professor, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX
- Thomas Muller, CCC-A, CFCC Vice Chair for Audiology, Clinical Associate Professor and Coordinator of Clinical Education in Audiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Todd Philbrick, CAE, Credentialing Specialist, ASHA Director, Certification, Rockville, MD
This free event is open to all ASHA members (it is not offered for CEUs).