COVID-19: ASHA Schools Virtual Town Hall
Focus: Service Delivery During COVID-19 for Audiologists and SLPs Serving Students
Date: Monday, April 13, 2020, 9:00 – 10:30 p.m. EDT
The COVID-19: ASHA Schools Virtual Town Hall focused on service delivery considerations for educational audiologists and school-based speech-language pathologists (SLPs) who serve preschool through 12th grade students. The panel of experts responded to questions from participants about the impact of
COVID-19 on their professional lives.
- Moderator: Jeff P. Regan, Director of Governmental Affairs and Public Policy, ASHA
- Donna Euben, Director of Ethics, ASHA
- Donna Smiley, Educational Audiologist, Educational Audiology Association member and SIG 9 Affiliate
- Julie Malone, SLP, Vice President of the La Mesa-Spring Valley Teachers Association, Special Interest Group 16 Coordinating Committee member, School Finance Committee member
- Michele Hopkins, Assistant Director of Related Services and Special Programs, Alexandria City Public Schools, Alexandria, Virginia
- Tracy Sippl, SLP, Special Interest Group 18 Coordinating Committee member
town hall was the second in a series that discuss unique practice challenges in
different settings during COVID-19.
View a recording of the event.