If you are a presenter in a course offered by an ASHA Approved CE Provider, the following elements of the ASHA Continuing Education Board's Requirement 3 [PDF] (transparency in course planning and delivery) pertain to you:
- Course content and presentation must focus on the science and/or contemporary practice of audiology, speech-language pathology, and speech, language, and hearing sciences, not on the sale or promotion of products or services.
- Presenters should not attempt to persuade learners to favor, use, promote, or purchase a particular product, equipment, device, or service.
- If a course is focused on teaching the theoretical aspects of a product or service and/or the details of a product's operation, presenters cannot sell or promote that product or service during the course. Likewise, if you use products, equipment, or devices in conducting a course, you cannot engage in marketing, promoting, or selling during the course or in the space/place where the course is held.
- If you teach a course focused on one product or service, the Provider is required to disclose to learners prior to the course that there will be limited or no information provided about similar products or services. The Provider may ask you to include this in your disclosure to learners.
- All presenters must disclosure relevant financial and nonfinancial relationships or lack thereof to the Provider and to learners.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions For Presenters for additional information.