Active Ad Hoc Committees
Ad Hoc Committee to Provide Technical Assistance to the Ministry Of Public Health (MPH) Of Ecuador to Educate Service Providers on Communication Disorders
Charge: Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Health (MPH) of Ecuador as part of the ASHA/Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) collaboration by developing train-the-trainer workshops and providing professional development courses for service providers on communication disorders. Ad Hoc Committee will meet electronically and will perform the following tasks:
- Make recommendations and oversee the implementation of the work plan developed jointly with the MPH of Ecuador.
- Recruit volunteers (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) to assist with train-the-trainer workshops.
- Recruit volunteers (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) to provide professional development courses.
- Assist with identifying experts (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) for academic exchanges.
- Assist with development of campaign awareness for the general public.
Composition: 5 members who are bilingual English/Spanish with international expertise and training experience in resource-limited countries to be appointed by the CoC: 1 chair, 1 member from the International Issues Board, 3 members; a staff ex officio; and ASHA's vice president for planning serving as the BOD liaison.
- Brenda K. Gorman, Chair
- Jose G. Centeno
- Lisa M. Domby
- W. Antonio Le Baron
- Elaine Schochat
BOD Liaison(s): Vice President for Planning
Staff Liaison: Lily Waterston (email@example.com), Director, International Programs
Ad Hoc Committee to Develop Guidance for Members and Students Engaging Globally in Clinical, Scholarly, and Other Professional Activities
Charge: To develop guidance for members and students for engaging globally in clinical, scholarly, and other professional activities.
Composition: 7 members (at least 2 will be audiologists) appointed by CoC: 1 chair; 2 members from the International Issues Board; 1 member from the Special Interest Group 17 (Global Issues in Communication Sciences and Related Disorders); 2 current or former members of the Board of Ethics; 1 member of the Multicultural Issues Board; 1 member of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association; a staff ex officio; and ASHA’s vice president for planning and vice president for standards and ethics in audiology (serving as BOD liaisons)
- Brooke Hallowell, Chair
- Traci Flynn
- Yvette Hyter
- Jennifer Watson
- Charissa Lansing
- Ishara Ramkissoon
- Philip Combiths
BOD Liaison(s): Vice President for Planning; Vice President for Standards and Ethics in Audiology
Staff Liaison: Monica Sampson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director, SLP Health Care Services
Ad Hoc Committee on Graduate Education for Speech-Language Pathologists
Charge: Gathering data and synthesizing information into a report that addresses the following questions:
- What are the rationale and data indicating whether optional, post-entry-level clinical doctoral programs in speech-language pathology in the United States should be accredited?
- What are the rationale and data indicating what is needed to adequately prepare future speech-language pathologists (SLPs) to enter the profession?
- What input do ASHA members and other key stakeholders have regarding (a) which aspects of the current model of entry-level education for speech-language pathology in the United States are serving the profession and the public adequately now, and in the near future, and (b) which aspects are not?
- AAB Representative
- CAA Representative
- CAPCSD Representative
- CFCC Representative
- SLP working in school settings
- SLP working in health care settings
- Recent graduate of master's degree program in SLP
- Recent graduate of clinical doctorate degree program in SLP
- VP for Academic Affairs in Audiology
- VP for SLP Practices
- VP for Standards and Ethics in SLP
- Nancy Alarcon
- Barbara Conrad
- Mark DeRuiter
- Marie Ireland
- Barbara Jacobson
- Susana Keller
- Marnie Kathleen Kershner
- Janet Koehnke
- Amy Thorpe Wiley
- Ann Tyler
- Sally Wilson
BOD Liaison(s): VP for Academic Affairs in SLP
Staff Liaison: Margaret Rogers (email@example.com); Lemmietta McNeilly (firstname.lastname@example.org)