Active Ad Hoc Committees
Ad Hoc Committee on the Committee of Ambassadors
Charge: Develop the charge, composition, policies, and procedures that will form a Committee of Ambassadors (CoA).
- 10 Members
- 2 current or past AAC members
- 2 current or past SLPAC members
- 2 current or past GAPPB members
- ASHA Association Governance Operations Director
- ASHA Government Affairs and Public Policy Director
- ASHA Public Relations Director
- Perry Flynn, Chair
- Charles Bishop
- Thomas (Tommy) Evans
- Barbara Goodson
- Nancy Kuhles
- Doanne Ward-Williams
- Daniel Williams
Term: September 30, 2020
BOD Liaison(s): President-Elect
Staff Liaison: Andrea Falzarano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ad Hoc Committee to Provide Technical Assistance to the Ministry Of Public Health (MPH) Of Ecuador to Educate Service Providers on Communication Disorders
Charge: Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Health (MPH) of Ecuador as part of the ASHA/Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) collaboration by developing train-the-trainer workshops and providing professional development courses for service providers on communication disorders. Ad Hoc Committee will meet electronically and will perform the following tasks:
- Make recommendations and oversee the implementation of the work plan developed jointly with the MPH of Ecuador.
- Recruit volunteers (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) to assist with train-the-trainer workshops.
- Recruit volunteers (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) to provide professional development courses.
- Assist with identifying experts (audiologists and speech-language pathologists) for academic exchanges.
- Assist with development of campaign awareness for the general public.
Composition: 5 members who are bilingual English/Spanish with international expertise and training experience in resource-limited countries to be appointed by the CoC: 1 chair, 1 member from the International Issues Board, 3 members; a staff ex officio; and ASHA's vice president for planning serving as the BOD liaison.
- Brenda K. Gorman, Chair
- Jose G. Centeno
- Lisa M. Domby
- W. Antonio Le Baron
- Elaine Schochat
BOD Liaison(s): Vice President for Planning
Staff Liaison: Lily Waterston (
email@example.com), Director, International Programs
Ad Hoc Committee to Develop Guidance for Members and Students Engaging Globally in Clinical, Scholarly, and Other Professional Activities
Charge: To develop guidance for members and students for engaging globally in clinical, scholarly, and other professional activities.
Composition: 7 members (at least 2 will be audiologists) appointed by CoC: 1 chair; 2 members from the International Issues Board; 1 member from the Special Interest Group 17 (Global Issues in Communication Sciences and Related Disorders); 2 current or former members of the Board of Ethics; 1 member of the Multicultural Issues Board; 1 member of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association; a staff ex officio; and ASHA’s vice president for planning and vice president for standards and ethics in audiology (serving as BOD liaisons)
- Brooke Hallowell, Chair
- Traci Flynn
- Yvette Hyter
- Jennifer Watson
- Charissa Lansing
- Ishara Ramkissoon
- Philip Combiths
BOD Liaison(s): Vice President for Planning; Vice President for Standards and Ethics in Audiology
Staff Liaison: Monica Sampson (
firstname.lastname@example.org), Director, SLP Health Care Services