American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Find a Certified Speech-Language Pathologist

Speech, Language, and Swallowing

The professionals who are educated to assess speech and language development and to treat speech and language disorders are called speech-language pathologists (sometimes informally referred to as speech therapists). Speech-language pathologists can also help people with swallowing disorders.

Find Out More About...

What's "normal"?
- Typical speech and language development
- Learning more than one language

What if my loved one has already been diagnosed? What should I expect?
- Important questions to ask

What if I have concerns?
- Concerns with adult speech and language
- Concerns with child speech and language
- Swallowing and feeding problems

Where can I get help?
- What's an SLP?
- Self-help groups
- Find a Professional

Share This Page

Print This Page