Tips for Submitting an Award Nomination
(Note: Not all tips will apply to all awards.)
- Know the intent of the award and the required nomination components.
- Compile all nomination materials prior to initiating the online nomination process.
- Agree on areas of outstanding performance; ensure that sponsor and co-sponsor documentation is consistent with each other and with the areas checked on the nomination form.
- Cite a different accomplishment for each area of outstanding contribution.
- Focus on quality not quantity; explain why the contribution is "outstanding."
- Describe the outcomes and impact of the outstanding contribution; what sets this contribution apart from others; it's not enough to provide a list.
- Provide comments about the nominee's unique approach to teaching, development of new programs or courses, teaching awards, and teaching evaluations.
- Submit evidence to support testimonials or statements made by colleagues.
- Strictly adhere to page limit requirements or risk the nomination not being considered.
- Review all nomination materials for consistency before submitting the nomination.
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of your colleagues!