Honors of the Association
View a list of past recipients.
The Honors of the Association recognizes members for their distinguished contributions to the discipline of communication sciences and disorders and is the highest honor the Association bestows.
The Bylaws describe the Honors of the Association broadly to encourage the recognition of those individuals whose contributions have been of such excellence that they have enhanced or altered the course of the professions. It may be awarded to an individual whose contributions have been confined to a single area of achievement. The quality of the achievement and their impact on the professions are considered of greater importance than the nominee's length of service. Members are encouraged to nominate individuals who are well-known throughout the nation and the world for a lifetime of innovative clinical practice, insightful and rigorous research, creative administration, effective legislative activity, outstanding teaching or other distinguished professional contributions.
The Committee on Honors depends solely upon the documentation provided by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to recommend deserving individuals to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- A sponsor and two co-sponsors, all of whom are ASHA members in good standing
- Information and/or documentation that support the nominee's distinguished contribution to the field of speech, language, and/or hearing which has enhanced or altered the course of the professions
- Sponsor and co-sponsors have provided the following information in support of the nominee:
- All supporting documentation must be single-spaced with 12 point font
- All supporting documentation must be combined and attached to application as one pdf document
- Sponsor's and co-sponsors' letters of support may not exceed a total of 10 pages
- Professional vita may not exceed 10 single-spaced pages
- General Requirements
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including exceeding the specified number of pages.
Nomination schedule and submission process
Still Have Questions? Contact email@example.com.