Distinguished Service Award
View a list of past recipients.
The Distinguished Service Award is designed to recognize significant contributions to the professions of speech-language pathology and/or audiology by living persons who are not members of the ASHA.
Only one award may be given for significant contributions in ONE of the three categories each year.
The Distinguished Service Award may be awarded in one of three award categories:
- an international award for a non-resident, non-citizen of the United States who is not a member of, nor certified by, ASHA; or
- an award for a resident of the United States who is not a member of, nor certified by, ASHA; or
- a public service/organizational award
Nominees should make, or have made, a major contribution to the Association, the professions of audiology and/or speech-language pathology, or consumerism in one or more of the following areas:
- consumer advocacy
- legislative or other governmental affairs activity
- public awareness
- service to the Association
The Committee on Honors awards nominees solely on the information provided in the nomination document prepared by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to award deserving individuals.
- A sponsor who is an ASHA member in good standing
- Sponsor has provided the following factual information in support of the nominee:
- Sponsor's letter of support describing who has benefited from the contribution(s) of the nominee
- Statement as to why the nominee should receive this award
- Nomination materials, including all supporting documentation, may not exceed nine single-spaced pages with a font size of 12 point
- All supporting documentation must be combined into one pdf document
- General Requirements
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including any materials exceeding the specified number of pages.
Nomination schedule and submission process
Still Have Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.