Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Higher Education
View a list of past recipients.
The Certificate of Recognition for Special Contributions in Higher Education is designed to signify distinguished achievement and/or contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- university or college classroom teaching
- clinical teaching; student mentoring
- development of new and innovative educational techniques and technologies in audiology, speech-language pathology, or speech-language and hearing sciences
Nominees may include an individual or a group of individuals who are under contract as faculty members or clinical instructors at a regionally accredited college of university. These achievements and contributions must have occurred within the five years preceding the nomination
The Committee on Honors awards nominees solely on the information provided in the nomination document prepared by the sponsor. When information and/or documentation are incomplete, the Committee may be unable to award deserving individuals.
- Sponsor and nominee are ASHA members in good standing
- Sponsor and nominee are not members of ASHA's Special Interest Group 10 Steering Committee
- Achievements and contributions have occurred within the preceding five years
- Sponsor has provided the following factual information in support of the nominee:
- Outcomes that document the achievement
- Sponsor's letter of support detailing the nominee's credentials (including appropriate honors or recognition) and specific contributions in sufficient detail to distinguish these contributions from generic activities and a description of the significance of these contributions
- Brief professional vita
- Nomination materials, including all supporting documentation, may not exceed five single-spaced pages with a 12 point font size
- All supporting documentation must be combined into one pdf document
- General Requirements
Failure to adhere to all required components and instructions will result in rejection of the nomination, including any materials exceeding the specified number of pages will also be rejected.
Still Have Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.