ASHA Convention Student Research Travel Award (SRTA)
To highlight the research activities of student scientists and encourage careers in science and research, ASHA offers student research travel awards of $500 each for the ASHA Convention. Awards are given to student first-authors of the papers that are top-rated by the Convention Program Committee in each of the Convention topic areas.
All undergraduate, master's, AuD, and PhD students (at the time of submission) who are first authors on a paper of any of the following session types are eligible: (a) technical, (b) poster, (c) one-hour seminar or instructional course, (d) two-hour seminar or instructional course, or (e) short course are eligible for the award.
View previous SRTA recipients.
The 2013 ASHA Convention will be held at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, from November 14–16.
How to Qualify
- Submit an abstract summarizing your research through the standard online Call for Papers process.
- Check the appropriate box (when prompted) indicating that your paper is "first-authored." (Be sure to indicate your degree program at the time of submission.)
- The eligible paper with the highest rating from the Convention Program Committee in each of the 24 topic areas will be awarded.
- Awardees will be notified of their selection by September.
- Awards will be disbursed post-Convention.
For additional information, please contact ASHA's Academic Affairs and Research Education Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.