Looking for Health Information?
Tips for Searching the Internet
You can find a lot of health information on the internet. But how do you know the information is good or right? Here are some signs that a Web site is reliable:
- The address ends in .gov, .edu, or .org.
- The person or group that developed the site is an expert on that topic.
- The purpose of the site is clear.
- The site is not there just to sell you something.
- The site is updated on a regular basis.
More tips on how to evaluate a Web site can be found at:
Always ask your audiologist or SLP if you have questions about what you read.
Health Information Resources