As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
From Brookes Publishing
To make a smooth transition to a fulfilling, self-determined adult life, young people who use augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) need effective services that meet their individual needs and make the most of advances in technology. Professionals will provide these critical supports with the help of this book, the first complete guide to supporting the journey to adulthood for people who use AAC.
Combining research-based best practices from diverse fields with personal stories from young adults, this essential resource give professionals the knowledge and strategies they need to help young people
• strengthen literacy skills, so they can access educational, vocational, and social opportunities
• succeed in secondary school
• make the transition to postsecondary education
• achieve self-determination by developing skills such as self-knowledge, decision making, and communication
• secure employment
• communicate effectively with personal assistants
• navigate the complex move from pediatric to adult medical and health services
A much-needed resource for speech-language pathologists and other specialists, this groundbreaking book will help professionals prepare young people who use AAC for successful adult lives—in school, at work, and in the community.
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.