Applying for ASHA CE Provider Approval
Step 3: The Process of Applying for ASHA CE Provider Approval
- Submit an application for ASHA Approved CE Provider status. Send one original and 2 copies (3 total) of the application and of the attachments and the nonrefundable application review fee to the Continuing Education Board.
- Review by National Office staff. The application is reviewed for completion. You will receive acknowledgment of receipt of your application.
- Review by Continuing Education Board. Initial review process takes approximately 6–8 weeks. The CEB reviews the application to determine the applicant's ability to comply with each of the requirements and required practices.
- Expedited application review: An organization may obtain an expedited review of its application. Expedited applications receive a response from the CEB within 2 weeks of receipt of the application. Any subsequent clarifications provided by applicant are also reviewed within 2 weeks of receipt. The nonrefundable expedited application review fee is $2,000.
- Request for further clarification. If the CEB has questions about or needs further clarification regarding any part of the application, the CEB will ask the applicant to provide additional information.
- Review completed. ASHA CE staff communicates the CEB's decision to the applicant.
- Applicant approved. Applicants are notified of their approval by a letter from the Chair of the CEB. The organization is invoiced for Provider annual fee. Payment of the annual fee and completion of an online tutorial to the process of registering and reporting courses activates the organization's Provider status. Approval is for a 5-year period, during which ongoing monitoring by the CEB takes place.
If becoming an ASHA approved CE Provider sounds right for your organization, continue to Step 4: Let Us Know Who You Are, fill out our contact form, hit submit and then download the application provided to get started!