Applying for ASHA CE Provider Approval
Step 1: Is ASHA Approved CE Provider Status Right for Your Organization?
ASHA's Continuing Education Board (CEB) approves organizations based on their demonstrated ability to meet the 12 CEB requirements. Below is a list of characteristics that ASHA Approved CE Providers possess. To see how your organization stacks up, please answer the following questions.
1. ...is currently offering CE designed to meet the unique educational needs of speech-language pathologists/audiologists and has a long-range plan for its speech-language pathology/audiology CE program.
If your organization only occasionally conducts or has never offered CE for speech-language pathologists or audiologists, consider using the cooperative offering process instead of applying for ASHA Approved CE Provider status.
2. ...uses generally recognized best practices in CE course design, implementation and evaluation.
3. ...has dedicated CE professionals to support its speech-language pathology/audiology CE program. These include either an ASHA certified speech-language pathologist or audiologist or ASHA member who is involved in all course planning, implementation and evaluation.
4. ...is a chartered, an incorporated, a recognized governmental unit or an education institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency, or an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
5. ...has sufficient financial resources to sustain the development, implementation and evaluation of its courses.
6. ...has existing written policies and procedures for each of the following:
- Establishing educational need
- Developing learning outcomes
- Developing content and instructional methodology
- Establishing satisfactory completion requirements
- Assessing learning outcomes
- Evaluating its programs
- Selecting instructors
- Selecting facilities
- Managing financial and in-kind support, exhibits/advertising and conflicts of interest
If you answered "yes" to each of these questions, ASHA CE Approved CE Provider status may be right for your organization. Continue to Step 2: Review the Requirements for ASHA Approved CE Provider Status.
Unsure if ASHA CE Provider approval is right for your organization? Contact ASHA CE staff by e-mail at email@example.com.