Introduction to CEA Tutorial
CEA Tutorial: A Guide for Registering and Reporting On Courses Offered for ASHA CEUs
Welcome! As the Continuing Education Administrator (CEA) for your organization, you have an important job to do. Use this tutorial to review some of the policies and procedures established by ASHA's Continuing Education Board (CEB). These policies and procedures are based on "best practices" for adult continuing education. They are designed to:
- assist you with developing, conducting, and evaluating your CE courses, and
- ensure that ASHA CEUs are posted in a timely manner to your participants' transcripts.
The tutorial is divided into ten sections:
- Overview of ASHA CE
- Course Flow
- Course Developmental Stages & Infusing the Transparency Requirement
- Course and Offering Registration Form
- Cooperative Offerings
- Additional Offerings List
- Reporting Course Offerings
- Deadlines, Appeals, Five-Year Review
- Independent Study, Self-Study, and Closing Notes
Throughout the tutorial, you will find:
- Questions posed by Carmen, a fictitious CEA, to clarify the content
- Quizzes to reinforce the information
- E-mail links so you can ask questions as they arise. Your provider manager will use these questions to conduct a follow-up session with you via telephone.
Note: Each time you send a question, please put your four-letter Provider Code in the subject line so we can direct your question to the appropriate provider manager.
To begin the tutorial, or to review a section, just select the section headings listed above.
[Provider Only Home Page | Begin the Tutorial | email@example.com]