CEA Tutorial Section 2: Course Flow
This section explains what happens from the time you register a course until the ASHA CEUs are posted to your participants' transcripts.
What happens from start to finish when I register a course?
After you have conducted a needs assessment and planned your course, you are ready to register it for ASHA CEUs. Follow the steps below to see how the paperwork flows through ASHA CE and back to you.
Step 1: You send us the Course and Offering Registration Form with all required attachments and payments. Please use the Online Course Registration System. It is the fastest and easiest way to submit.
Step 2: We send you an e-mail confirming receipt and log the course into our database. If attachments are missing we will report that also.
Step 3: Your provider manager reviews your registration materials to determine if CEB requirements have been met. If there are questions or missing items, your provider manager will e-mail you.
Step 4: We register the course when all required items have been received and e-mail you a course registration confirmation letter (a signal that "all is well"). You review this letter, which summarizes the course information, and notify us within 7 days if there are any discrepancies.
Step 5: You conduct the course.
Step 6:You must submit reporting to ASHA CE within 45 days of the course offering end date. No matter what happens, you must report and close out the registration. If you do not, you will be subject to appeal and possibly charged an appeal fee. Reporting types and procedures include:
Step 7: We scan the Course Offering Report Form and ASHA CEU Participant Forms into our database. CEUs are posted automatically to participants' transcripts.
Step 8: A Course Roster is e-mailed to you for any course that is held. Review the roster and notify your provider manager by the deadline listed on your roster for informing us of any errors and omissions. You can submit the corrections online by filling out the CE Roster Correction Form.
What deadlines must I meet?
There are some important deadlines that must be met when you register and report your courses. Note: If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, materials must be received the Friday (or closest workday) before that deadline.
Course Registration, with all required attachments, must be received in our office at least 15 days prior to the start date of the course; cooperative offerings (including cooperative payments) and self-studies must be received at least 30 days prior to the start date. This deadline does not include the first day of the course. Registration materials may be sent through one of the following methods:
- Online: Complete and submit the Online Course Registration System.
- Mail: Use the Course and Offering Registration Form and select one of the two options below.
- To register courses without payments, please mail forms to Continuing Education, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #340, Rockville, MD 20852.
- To register Cooperative Offerings with payments, please mail forms to Continuing Education, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, P.O. Box 1160, #340, Rockville, MD 20849.
- Fax: Fax course registration materials without payments to 301-296-8574.
Reporting Additional Offerings
Once a course has been registered, you can register additional offerings for that same calendar year. Submit new offering dates and locations by using the Additional Offerings List (paper form) [PDF] OR CE Additional Offerings Form (online form). Additional offerings need to be submitted at least 3 days prior to the new offering start date. If you need to pay a co-op fee for the additional offering, submit the form and we will email you an invoice; you can pay by check or credit card.
The Course Offering Report Form and ASHA CEU Participant Forms must be received in our office within 45 days of the course offering end date. Forms may be sent via:
- Mail: Continuing Education, American Speech-Language Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #340, Rockville, MD 20852
- Fax: for courses with ASHA CEU participants, to 866-271-3040 (toll-free number!). For complete instructions, see faxing participant forms.
- Online form: Courses held with no ASHA CEU participants or canceled courses
- Electronic reporting: for information about qualifying to report electronically, see Overview of Electronic Submission of Participant Data.
CEA Carmen asks:
When will I receive the course registration confirmation letter?
Ideally, you'll hear from us within a few weeks after we receive your course registration materials. Response time depends on the timeliness and completeness of your registration materials. When all CEB requirements are met, the course will be registered and the course registration confirmation letter will be sent. Please review this letter for accuracy and advise us of corrections within 7 days.
When will I receive the course roster?
It usually takes several days to scan participant forms and generate a course roster after we receive your forms. Please compare the Course Roster with your attendance records and notify us immediately if there are any discrepancies. You can use the CE Roster Correction Form to make corrections.
[Provider Only Home Page | Previous Tutorial Section | Quizzes | Next Tutorial Section | [email protected]]