Quality Indicators for Integration of Clinical Practice and Research: Program Self-Assessment
ASHA is seeking academic and clinical faculty members to pilot and provide feedback on the recently revised instrument:
Quality Indicators for Integrating Research and Clinical Practice in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) Programs: Academic Program Self-Assessment
Originally developed in 2006, the Quality Indicators (QIs) and related resources were designed to
- assist Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) programs in assessing how well clinical practice and research are integrated,
- promote integration of clinical practice and research,
- facilitate discussion between academic and clinical faculty,
- collect and disseminate information on successful integration models and resources,
- assist in implementing changes.
Pilot participants will provide feedback by rating program strengths and needs for each quality indicator. The QIs are grouped in five sections:
- curriculum and department goals
- clinical practica
The information will be used to modify the content and structure of the QIs and related resources.
No personal identifying information will be collected or linked with a particular program or respondent.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to participate in the QI Pilot, please contact Froma Roth at email@example.com or 301-296-8743.