Higher Education Organizations
A listing of various organizations that may be of interest to
faculty, researchers, and PhD students.
American Association of University
- the purpose is to advance academic freedom and shared
governance, to define fundamental professional values and
standards for higher education, and to ensure higher
education's contribution to the common good.
American Council on Education
- the major coordinating body for all the nation's higher
education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a
unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence
public policy through advocacy, research, and program
American Education Research
- improving the educational process by encouraging scholarly
inquiry related to education and by promoting the dissemination
and practical application of research results.
American Institutes for
- performs basic and applied research, provides technical
support, and conducts analyses based on methods of the behavioral
and social sciences. Our program areas focus on education,
health, individual and organizational performance, and quality of
American Association of Hispanics in
Higher Education, Inc.
- provides a cross-disciplinary, higher education organization
primarily focused on the need to develop Latino/a faculty and
senior administrators as well as serve as a leading research and
advocacy group for Hispanic higher education issues.
Association of American Colleges
& Universities (AAC&U)
- the leading national association concerned with the quality,
vitality and public standing of undergraduate liberal
Association of American
- focuses on issues that are important to research-intensive
universities, such as funding for research, research policy
issues, and graduate and undergraduate education.
Association on Higher Education
and Disability (AHEAD)
- AHEAD is the premiere professional association committed to
full participation of persons with disabilities in postsecondary
Chronicle of Higher Education
- published weekly,
is the No. 1 news source for college and university faculty
members and administrators.
Council for Higher Education
- largest institutional higher education member organization that
coordinates accreditation activity in the U.S.
Council of Academic Programs in
Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD)
- an organization representing academic programs that offer
master's, doctoral, and postdoctoral preparation of
audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language,
and/or hearing scientists.
Council of Graduate Schools
- dedicated to the improvement and advancement of graduate
education. Its members are colleges and universities.
Council on Undergraduate Research
- CUR's mission is to support and promote high-quality
undergraduate student-faculty collaborative research and
Education Commission of the States
- links to state governors, legislatures, and education
- over 8,500 unique higher education organizations throughout the
U.S. and abroad. You may view the Directory by name, location, or
National Consortium for
Continuous Improvement in Higher Education (NCCI)
- committed to advancing administrative and academic excellence
in higher education by identifying, promoting, supporting and
sharing effective organizational practices among member
State Higher Education Executive Officers
- compendium of National Data Sources on Higher Education.