Developing a Strategic Plan for a Program in Communication
Sciences and Disorders
Developing a Vision Statement
A statement of what the program wants to be in the future. The
Vision Statement provides the major long-term direction for the
program's planning and is the ultimate outcome to be achieved
through the planning process.
Current Program Vision Statement
[Insert current Vision Statement if available.]
Process for Developing a Vision Statement
Developing a Vision Statement involves looking at the future
and deciding where the program wants to be in the future by doing
- Address the following questions:
- What will the discipline of communication sciences and
disorders look like in the future?
- What will the program of the future be like?
- What role should the program play in the future?
- How should the program be different than it is now?
- Discuss what the future might look like for the program.
Identify possible scenarios.
- Draft the Vision Statement
- External-How the program intends to change the discipline
and the professions.
- Internal-What the program will look like when it is
operating effectively and efficiently in providing
New or Revised Vision Statement
[Insert new/revised Vision Statement.]