ASHA Convention Student Research Travel Award (SRTA)
To highlight the research activities of student scientists and encourage careers in science and research, ASHA awards students who are first authors of papers that are top-rated in each of the Convention topic areas by the Convention Program Committee.
Award recipients are recognized at the Researcher-Academic Town Meeting and receive a $500 stipend and complimentary Convention registration. Stipends are disbursed post-Convention.
All students who are first authors, at the time of submission, on a paper accepted for presentation at the ASHA Convention are eligible.
View previous SRTA recipients.
How to Qualify
- Submit a proposal as first author through the online Call for Papers for the ASHA Convention and indicate the degree program in which you are enrolled (e.g., undergraduate or PhD) in the author information section.
- Receive the highest rating from the Convention Program Committee in one of the Convention topic areas.
- Awardees are selected solely on the basis of their Convention submission. No additional application is required.
- Attend the 2017 ASHA Convention, November 9–11, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.
- Present your paper at the assigned time (as noted on the Convention website).
- Attend at least one research-related session during the Convention.
For additional information, please contact ASHA's Academic Affairs and Research Education Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.