Application for the McLean-Yoder Award for Professional Excellence
The National Joint Committee for the Communication Needs of Persons with Severe Disabilities (NJC) is very excited to announce the annual McLean-Yoder Award for Professional Excellence! This award is intended to honor either an individual or team that exemplifies high quality professional service to individuals with severe disabilities. Winners of this award will receive an honorary plaque and recognition at upcoming conferences attended by members of the NJC including the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, American Occupational Therapy Association, American Physical Therapy Association, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Association of Assistive Technology Act Programs, Council for Exceptional Children/Division for Communicative Disabilities and Deafness, TASH, and the United States Society for Augmentative and Alternative Communication. Judging will be based on meeting quality indications outlined in the attached table. If you are a member of, or know of, a team that meets most or all of the quality indications listed in this table, we encourage you to apply!
The NJC is a group of professionals devoted to advocating for individuals with significant communication support needs resulting from intellectual disability, which may coexist with autism, sensory, and/or motor limitation. For more information about the NJC, go to the NJC website.
To apply, please complete the following information and submit to Bill Ogletree (NJC chair) at [email protected] as an e-mail attachment. You may mail the application to Bill Ogletree at:
Bill T. Ogletree, PhD (Committee Chair)
Program in Communication Disorders
College of Education & Allied Professions
Western Carolina University
Cullowhee, NC 28723
- Name and position of nominated individuals or educational team members
- City, state and school district (if applicable)
- Person nominating individual or team
- Contact information for nominator
- A completed copy of the table Quality Indications Survey [PDF]. Surveys may be completed by the nominator, an individual, or the team. Self-nominations will be accepted.
- A narrative of 400 words or less that describes ways in which you or your team provides high quality interventions for individuals with severe disabilities.
The deadline for submission is May 31, 2016.