Benefits of National Membership
- "Members Only" Access
Members receive access to the "members only" areas of the NSSLHA and ASHA websites, which include all ASHA journals, NSSLHA Member Forums, In the Loop—NSSLHA's monthly e-mail announcement service, and convenient membership dues renewal.
- Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders
As of January 2010, of Contemporary Issues in Communication Science and Disorders (CICSD), a NSSLHA publication, is available online only. Members can receive print issues on demand.
- NSSLHA Now!
Members receive two issues of NSSLHA's newsletter, NSSLHA Now! The newsletter prints two times a year: April and November.
- The ASHA Leader
Members receive a print subscription to the The ASHA Leader, the ASHA members' newsletter. The online archive of The ASHA Leader is available on the ASHA website.
- ASHA Journals
Members have online access to all of the following ASHA journals: American Journal of Audiology; American Journal of Speech Language Pathology; Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research; and Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools. The ASHA journals are available on the ASHA website exclusively.
- Reduced Registration to the ASHA Convention
Members receive a reduced registration fee for the ASHA Convention. New members may register for the ASHA Convention online after completing the NSSLHA application. Visit the ASHA Convention website for information about the conference.
- Discounted Special Interest Group Membership
Members are eligible for a discounted Associate Affiliate membership in ASHA's Special Interest Groups. Read information about Special Interest Groups to learn more.
- ASHA and NSSLHA Product Discounts
Members receive discounts on ASHA or NSSLHA products and publications. Browse ASHA's Products Catalog and place your order now!
- Liability, Medical, and Dental Insurance
Members have access to professional liability, medical, and dental insurance through plans available exclusively to NSSLHA members. Contact Marsh Affinity Group Services, a service of Seabury & Smith, at 866-795-9340 or go to the Marsh website.
- NSSLHA-to-ASHA Membership Conversion Discount
Members are eligible for the NSSLHA to ASHA Conversion Program Discount, which represents a significant savings on dues and fees for your first year of ASHA membership and certification.
- Subaru VIP Program Privileges
Members Discounts on the purchase or lease of a new car from Subaru of America. Read FAQs about the Subaru VIP Program for more about this great opportunity.
- Lifestyle Marketplace
- Rental Car Discounts
You have to contact companies directly for more information to access the benefits. In most cases you will need to state that you are a member of NSSLHA and provide your membership number. Call the Action Center at 800-498-2071 for the member discount code for automobile insurance.
Avis Rent A Car System
Call the Action Center at 800-498-2071 for the member discount code.
Budget Rent A Car
Members can enjoy savings of up to 25% off when renting a vehicle from a participating location in the contiguous U.S. and Canada. Use Budget Customer Discount (BCD) number R539300 to shop the lowest rates for your next rental.
- Technical Assistance and Resources from ASHA
Members receive technical assistance and resources from ASHA. Members have access to information from staff about any subject, including what's listed below. To receive Technical Assistance, call the Action Center at 1-800-498-2071 or e-mail your questions to:
- Online Research Help
NSSLHA members have access to HighWire, a search engine specifically developed for Communication Sciences Disorders professionals. Check out the following features:
- E-mail alerts. Sign up to receive "eTOCs" and receive e-mail alerts with a full table of contents (TOC) each time a new TOC is posted online for any or all of the journals, or simply a message saying the content is posted.
- CiteTrack. Another type of e-mail alert is "CiteTrack," which alerts you by e-mail whenever new content is published that matches your specific selected parameters. You determine which HighWire journals should be covered, and alerts are sent whenever new content matches criteria based on your selected topics (keywords/subjects of interest), authors (individuals whose work you are following) and articles (when a paper of interest is referenced by another paper or letter).
- E-mail a friend. Did you find an article that addressed a topic that you recently discussed with a colleague? You can e-mail the article to your colleague directly from the host site.
- Quick searches and advanced searches. ASHA's online host offers a "quick search" as well as an advanced search. You can limit your search to one ASHA journal, all four journals, or by starting on the HighWire home page, all journals on HighWire and PubMed.
- Improved "Googling." Google has permission to index the ASHA journals from the HighWire site. The result will be that more of the literature from our discipline will show up on Google searches.
- Personal folders. Although you can link directly to the journals through ASHA's website, if you wish to personalize your HighWire site, you can register and begin setting up "My Favorite Journals" and "My Sitebar" for easy access from your desktop.
- Join online!
- Call the Action Center at 800-498-2071 and apply for membership over the telephone with a major credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover only!)
- Visit the NSSLHA Chapter on your campus and complete an application.
The future of the professions is in NSSLHA!