Language and Literacy in Preschool Children: How Online Conferences Work
Online conferences provide superior access to course material, presenters, and other participants, without the trouble and expense of travel. All you need to participate is a computer with Internet access. The conference includes:
- Pre-recorded lectures on a variety of topics, available on demand while the conference is in session. Listen to them any time that fits your schedule.
- A discussion thread related to each lecture. Post your comments and questions, and get reactions from other conference participants and presenters.
- Live text-based chats with presenters. During these scheduled one-hour chats, you can interact directly with presenters. The chats are text-based—no audio. (Use your keyboard to pose questions.) You can earn ASHA CEUs for participating in live chats (but not for reading chat transcripts).
- Handouts and other resources. You may download and print or save handouts from all the lectures, as well as related resource documents.
- Networking with participants. You can search the professional profiles of other participants, and find others with similar professional interests.