Unauthorized Housing Providers
ASHA has been alerted that the following companies have been contacting ASHA exhibitors to secure hotel rooms in Orlando for the Annual Convention. These companies are not authorized to represent ASHA, nor do they have access to officially contract hotel room blocks or rates on behalf of ASHA.
- Global Housing Management: 877-410-9927
- Tira Convention Travel Management/Group Tira: 877-607-3888
- EHM Travel: 866-367-4414
- CH Planners: 800-801-4174
- Executive Events: 888-393-5217
- Exhibitor Housing Services: 800-217-4402
- Trade Show Housing: 877-577-1806
- Calls from the number 661-748-0240. This is a Skype account that does not appear to be affiliated with any company but is widely associated with complaints of scams and malware phishing attacks.
J. Spargo & Associates, 11208 Waples Mill Road, Suite 112, Fairfax, Virginia 22030, is the only official housing company for ASHA. For your own protection, please do not make reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. If you receive a call or e-mail from any company that is not our official housing provider, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many reported situations of false or deceptive activities by some of these third-party room block marketers. Here are some things to be aware of:
- Many of these agencies cannot actually guarantee a reservation because they do not have contracts for room blocks with the ASHA hotels. They will contact a housing wholesaler to see if anything is available that can be resold to you.
- Even legitimate wholesalers cannot knowingly book convention attendees in the convention room block. Only an ASHA Housing representative can book within our block of rooms. If the hotel determines a convention attendee has been solicited or contacted by a wholesaler, the room rate may be increased to match or exceed the group rate or the room reservation may be canceled. A rate quote from a room broker is not a guaranteed rate.
- Rooms booked through unauthorized housing companies must sometimes be fully prepaid. Rather than a one-night deposit, an unauthorized company may require payment of the full cost for the entire stay for each room booked at the time of booking.
- Reservation confirmations and numbers are often not available from these companies until less than a week before thearrival date. Even then, this may not guarantee that a room will be available when you arrive.
- Generally, these companies cannot secure a large block of rooms; only one or two at a time. Exhibitors should be particularly wary, since they often need to book a group of rooms for their staff who will be exhibiting during the Convention.
- Name changes on room reservations with unofficial wholesalers/room brokers may be difficult to make.
- ASHA may not be able to assist attendees who have reserved rooms outside the block if problems result from booking through an unauthorized company. ASHA contracts with the hotels in our block and includes clauses to protect our attendees should the hotel oversell the rooms or should any issues arise with reservations.
Some of these unauthorized companies may claim to be a partner of ASHA or even outright falsely claim to be ASHA's housing company, however, a legitimate company would not call or contact you unless you had initiated contact with them first. If you are contacted by a company that is not our official housing provider, or if you are ever unsure whether or not a company is legitimate, please immediately e-mail ASHA at email@example.com.