Criteria for Proposals to Meet ASHA CEU Requirements
In order for a Convention session to be offered for ASHA CEUs, proposals must meet the following conditions:
- Learner outcomes, which describe what participants will be able to do upon completion of the session, must be included. The outcomes must be stated in empirically verifiable terms. Verbs referring to mental states, such as "know," "understand," and "appreciate" are not acceptable. "Discuss" or "describe" are usually acceptable.
- There must be a brief biographical sketch for each presenter outlining their qualifications to present on the topic.
- The content of proposals must address the science or contemporary practice of speech-language pathology or audiology. The following types of content may not qualify for CEUs:
- ASHA committee/board updates or reports, or sessions focused on describing ASHA services or programs
- Personal interest sessions (e.g., personal finances, retirement planning)
Please feel free to contact ASHA's Professional Development office if you need any advice or have questions about proposals meeting CEU requirements (email@example.com) or telephone (800-498-2071, extension 8593).