Call for 2018 Convention Program Co-Chairs
ASHA is Now Accepting Nominations for Program Co-Chairs for the 2018 ASHA Convention
Are you interested in helping to guide educational opportunities and shape key discussions within the discipline? ASHA is looking for qualified and excited individuals to share responsibility for the development and management of the premier convention for our professions.
The 2018 Convention is scheduled for November 15–17, 2018, in Boston, Massachusetts. The two Co-Chairs share responsibilities to select and manage the Convention Program Committee. One chair oversees programming specific to speech-language pathology/speech and language science and the other oversees programming in audiology/hearing science.
Note: Once selected, the 2018 Convention Co-Chairs serve on the Scientific and Professional Education Board (SPEB) during 2017. In 2017, the Co-Chairs will serve as Topic Chairs. Eligibility requirements are listed below; a full job description is also available.
- Be an ASHA member in good standing
- Have served on at least two prior Convention Program Committees and preferably, at least once, as a Topic Chair
- Be willing to commit time in 2018 to develop and then enjoy the 2018 Convention
Additional Skills or Traits That Will be Favorably Considered
- Experience organizing, presenting and managing professional and scientific programs
- Past experience as an ASHA volunteer leader in other capacities
- Time management and organizational skills, with respect for deadlines
- Professional recognition
- Creative approach to considering new continuing education formats and methodologies
If you wish to nominate someone, please confirm that he/she would be willing. Self-nominations are typical and welcomed. ASHA members who wish to be considered should send a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, and three letters of support to Ellen Shortill at [email protected] or by mail to SPEB Chair, c/o Ellen Shortill, ASHA, 2200 Research Boulevard #325, Rockville, Maryland 20850-3289.
The submission deadline is July 1, 2016.