User Experience Designer
Posting Date: 9/12/2016
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Digital Communications Team
Coach: Director of User Experience
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $76,644–$85,161
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The User Experience Designer will help support ASHA's mission and vision by ensuring that its digital products are developed from a user-centric design perspective. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with a broad range of ASHA staff and consultants to envision and design user experiences that meet the needs of ASHA members and the public.
- Act as an internal consultant and user experience designer for ASHA digital product development projects. Depending on the project, the User Experience Designer may need to be able to:
- Design and develop digital interfaces that promote usability and enhance users' experiences and interactions with our products;
- Create project artifacts such as prototypes, process flows, wireframes;
- Support the translation of wireframes into reusable and scalable HTML/CSS/JS;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (DEV, UX & BA) to define, design, and deliver creative digital solutions.
- On-going duties include:
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of user experience design standards and guidelines for ASHA digital content and products;
- Advocate for best practices in front-end development;
- Leverage web analytics to understand and enhance the user experience;
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in user experience design and front end development.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- BA or BS degree
- At least 3 years of experience developing web applications and digital products as an Information Architect, Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer, Web Designer, Usability Specialist, or Front End Developer
- Continuing education or coursework in user experience design, web application development, and web site development
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and mobile web standards
- Knowledge of at least one wire framing and prototyping tool (e.g., Adobe CS Applications, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups, or Axure) (portfolio or github samples will be required)
- Experience producing written and visual UX documentation including sitemaps, wireframes, reports, user flows, and PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with user testing and web analytics tools (e..g, Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, OptimalSort, Treejack, and Chalkmark)
- Experience using fluid grids, and working in responsive/adaptive websites using Bootstrap
- Experience with WordPress, Ektron, and SharePoint is helpful
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to assume a leadership role in advancing ASHA's overall user experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.