Project Manager, Consultant/Trainer
Posting Date: 11/20/2013
Cluster/Team: Executive Service Cluster/Office of Business Excellence Team
Coach: Director, Office of Business Excellence
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $73,859–$82,065
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
DescriptionThe position is responsible for facilitating and supporting ASHA employees on the processes and tools related to project management and process improvement that support the culture of business excellence and build staff capacity to effectively execute best-in-class business practices. Reporting to the Director, Office of Business Excellence (OBE), the Project Manager plays a key role in the facilitation, support, training, and management of project improvement activities. The position offers project management expertise, resources, and relevant support to the ASHA National Office, volunteer leadership, and constituents and acts as a key member of the overall OBE team.
- Lend project management expertise/support to other ASHA departments and ASHA senior leadership, volunteer leaders, members, and other constituents as needed.
- Demonstrate leadership/initiative/planning in project management that furthers ASHA priorities and develop effective ways to act upon them.
- Conduct full life-cycle project management on select projects.
- Support staff and act as a facilitator in processes, procedures, and policies to effectively manage change and implement quality practices on projects throughout the organization.
- Document processes and identify areas of continuous improvement for ASHA's project management initiatives.
- Provide training and coaching on project management.
- Integrate/apply quality management and change management techniques to projects.
- Provide strategic planning consultation to ASHA-related entities.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree
- 5 to 7 years work experience in project management
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)® preferred
- Experience in providing project management training and consultation
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Proficient in project and portfolio management software
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology, such as the PMBOK or PRINCE 2
- Proficient in project estimating and project budgets
- Proven experience in quality management, risk management, and change management
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Represent OBE unit before key internal and external audiences, prepared to make compelling, interesting, and appropriate verbal and visual presentations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Adept at gathering and summarizing information quickly, completely, accurately, and clearly
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled facilitator
- Works well with others, a team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.