Membership & Sales Account Manager
Posting Date: 12/11/2013
Cluster/Team: Customer Service Cluster
Coach: Customer Service Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $43,492–$48,324
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to serve as a frontline contact center representative, providing courteous, knowledgeable service to ASHA's customers (members, consumers, and other constituents). The incumbent will use good judgment and initiative in marketing ASHA's programs, products, and services and will provide assistance, which includes disseminating general information, answering questions about ASHA membership and certification requirements, processing orders for products and journal selections, updating membership accounts, and processing product orders. This position requires a broad organizational knowledge; critical thinking skills, the ability to multi-task; and a familiarity with all programs, products, and services offered by ASHA. The incumbent frequently serves as a liaison between ASHA customers and other National Office staff and is expected to ensure a maximum positive experience from each external and internal interaction. As required, the incumbent will also provide reception services for the National Office.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to external and internal ASHA customers; assist in providing reception services for the National Office, as required.
- Respond promptly to telephone and e-mail contacts; investigate inquiries and resolve complaints within established service-level timelines.
- Utilize wide range of organizational knowledge and consultative selling skills to promote ASHA programs, products, and services.
- Process orders and payments for ASHA products, including ASHA journal subscriptions; initiate claims and reimbursements for product and journal orders.
- Process payments for ASHA dues and fees and other ASHA products and services, including the CE Registry.
- Update the membership database, as required.
- Report service trends to supervisors and assist in troubleshooting problem situations, as necessary.
- Provide support to ASHA Members and constituents regarding online member services and ASHA website information.
- Efficiently utilize ASHA website, intranet, and other informational resources to maintain a high level of organizational knowledge.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
- 2 or more years of customer service experience
- 2 or more years data entry/order processing experience
- 1 or more years of product sales
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with intermediate computer functions, including database updates and e-mail
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the telephone and TTY
- Independently organize and maintain reference information
- Exercise maturity, judgment, tact, and diplomacy during interaction with customers
- Possess critical thinking skills and ability to multi-task
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.