Certification Operations Associate Director
Posting Date: 9/24/2013
Cluster/Team: Standards and Ethics Cluster/Clinical Certification Team
Coach: Certification Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $75,912–$84,347
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to oversee the operational activities related to the certification program for the Association. The incumbent supervises, coaches, and trains all of the staff who process applications and perform other certification operations. The position is responsible for conducting needs assessments and implementing customer service guidelines, practices, and technologies to ensure an optimal level of customer service.
- Provide strategic oversight for all certification operations by monitoring, evaluating, and making needed changes to the certification program operations for continuous quality improvement.
- Coach and train staff members on achieving performance objectives, monitor and evaluate staff performance, and provide consistent and regular feedback on progress toward achieving individual and team goals.
- Develop and ensure consistent application of standard operating procedures.
- Manage the workflow of certification operations.
- Serve as the liaison to the file review committee of the Council for Clinical Certification in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CFCC), preparing and monitoring the status of all files forwarded to the committee for decisions.
- Provide consultation to potential applicants and academic program faculty regarding all aspects of the certification process, including standards interpretation.
- Monitor trends and develop reports that inform the decision making of staff and volunteer leaders.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Award of a baccalaureate degree
- 5 or more years of experience with a certifying agency, preferably in a health- or education-related field
- 5 or more years of experience supervising a large team
- Experience in managing a standards and certification program
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Collect, interpret, and report statistical data
- Analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Independently compose communications, including sensitive correspondence
- Efficiently use Windows environment and Microsoft Office software, databases, and presentation software to produce reports, documents, and presentations
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including preparation and presentation of reports, minutes, and correspondence
- Problem-solve independently and proactively about tasks related to job responsibilities
- Manage large projects and facilitate change
- Organize and prioritize multiple and complex projects and tasks; efficiently manage workload
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.