Certification Data and Communications Specialist
Posting Date: 6/20/2014
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Standards and Ethics Cluster/Certification Team
Coach: Certification Operations Associate Director
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $39,839-$44,266
FLSA Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of this position is to enter data into ASHA's AMS and/or certification management system, generate reports, provide effective communications, and assist the Associate Director, Certification Operations to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Provide information regarding the status of certification applications, certification maintenance compliance forms, and certification maintenance audit status updates via telephone and e-mail.
- Process all certification maintenance compliance forms in the AMS and/or certification management database in a timely manner, determine if the individual has been placed in the certification maintenance audit, and send out clear and concise communications to individuals regarding the status of their compliance.
- Process all incoming mail and scan all documents.
- Manage and fulfill all verification and certificate orders requests.
- Respond to Certification Department e-mails and inquiries, to include researching archival information pertaining to customer questions, forwarding messages to the appropriate individuals for resolution, and acknowledging and documenting receipt of all incoming messages.
- Assist Certification Managers with application scanning, approved signatory verification, school accreditation verification, application preparation, and other duties as required.
- Generate application status reports; send scheduled, regular communications to large groups of certificants and/or members and applicants in process.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Associate's degree
- Previous experience with a credentialing agency preferred
- Previous experience in a membership organization and in the provision of services to members preferred
- Previous experience with data entry, data management, and accounts receivable required
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and quickly enter data into a database
- An understanding of databases required; previous experience with netFORUM preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to independently compose grammatically, correct, content appropriate business correspondence
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a multifaceted position
- Ability to complete a large volume of work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently while also functioning in a team environment
- Commitment to superior customer service and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.