Associate Business Systems Analyst
Posting Date: 8/20/2013
Cluster/Team: Information Systems Cluster/Business Systems Analysis & Consulting Team
Coach: Business Systems Analysis & Consulting Manager
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $53,046–$58,940
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
DescriptionThe purpose of this position is to assist in providing analysis and documentation for the design and testing of software applications; ensure that correct business functionality, requirements, and industry quality assurance standards are addressed within the computer applications selected or built; and assist in the management of application development projects.
- Provides and coordinates system training and develops educational tools and materials.
- Assists users in the development of software application test plans and test case selection; coordinates and/or performs software application testing to ensure that documented requirements are met and that final user sign-off is acquired.
- Assists in documenting business system requirements.
- Consults with business systems analysts and business staff to document detailed programming specifications for use by internal and external developers.
- Assists the project manager for application development projects with duties such as documenting tasks lists, project schedules, and project status changes.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management, or
- Two (2) to three (3) years of work experience using business applications
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database software, and/or business applications including but not limited to MS Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Demonstrated ability to document business processes
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly in an organized, readable format
- Demonstrated ability to develop or collaborate on user test plans or to execute business application test plans
- Experience working on software development projects in a technical or non-technical role
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Experience with association management preferred
Find out how to apply. Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.