Strategic Pathway to Excellence
ASHA's Strategic Plan
Strategic Pathway to Excellence Handout [PDF]
Designing ASHA's Future Trends for the Association and the Professions [PDF]
ASHA's Envisioned Future: 2025
Making effective communication, a human right, accessible and achievable for all.
Empowering and supporting speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists through:
- advancing science,
- setting standards,
- fostering excellence in professional practice, and
- advocating for members and those they serve.
ASHA's Core Values
Strategic Themes—"Pillars of Excellence"
Strategic Themes are the main focus areas of the Association's strategy and the key areas in which the Association must excel in order to achieve its vision, mission, and strategy. Following are ASHA's four strategic themes:
- Two Professions, One Vision
- Scientifically Based Professional Practices
- The Member Experience
Strategic Objectives define the Association's strategic intent. Strategic Objectives are action-oriented statements of what must be done to be successful. Following are the Strategic Objectives identified for ASHA's Strategic Pathway to Excellence.
- Enhance Member Satisfaction
- Advance Efforts That Safeguard the Discipline, Professions, and the Association
- Increase Reimbursement and Funding in Health Care and Schools
- Increase Accessibility and Use of Research
- Increase the Diversity and Cultural Competence of the Membership
- Enhance Advocacy Efforts
- Increase the Number of Students and Associates
- Enhance Responsible Financial Management
- Improve the Science Base
- Improve Communications to Members
- Improve Data Collection and Decision-Making
- Improve the Use and Effectiveness of Technology and Infrastructure
- Strengthen Strategic Relationships
For additional information related to ASHA's Strategic Pathway to Excellence, please contact Vicki Deal-Williams, Chief Staff Officer for Multicultural Affairs, at VDealWilliams@asha.org.