Technology-Based Treatment Options for Aphasia
While technology has changed the fabric of modern life, many SLPs have yet to fully realize the benefits of technology in rehabilitation of patients with aphasia. Recent advances in technology – particularly the development of smartphone and tablet apps – have allowed a transition away from the traditional flash card-based therapy for aphasia rehabilitation. Technology also facilitates the collection of remote, periodic behavioral data, giving clinicians better insight into patient outcomes beyond the clinical session. In this course, Swathi Kiran provides an overview of how technology-based treatment options for aphasia are gaining momentum, presents the evidence base, and illustrates how patients and SLPs alike can use mobile apps and other technologies to improve outcomes.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- identify technological applications available for patients with aphasia and describe the evidence to support their use
- utilize data-collection technology to improve clinical decision making
- ASHA CEUs: 0.05 PDHs: 0.5
- Dates: 8/1/2016 to 8/31/2016
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Item #(s): WEB16256F
- Client Age: 12+
- Format(s): Streaming Video
- Language: English
- Author: Swathi Kiran, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Table of Contents
- Swathi Kiran, PhD, CCC-SLP
Want more FREE CEUs?
- Check out our upcoming schedule!
Share your thoughts!