Let's Talk SLP: Patient Education Handouts for Adults
Nineteen Let’s Talk handouts on this CD are on specific topics providing a starting point for conversations with the speech-language pathologist and their patients and families. The focus of the information is on how the SLP can help the patient improve their speech, language, or swallowing. While some background information is given about the disorder, where appropriate, the primary message reflects what the patient can expect from their SLP.
View a sample [PDF].
Topics on this CD include:
- Accent modification
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Oral cancer
- Paradoxical vocal fold movement
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spasmodic dysphonia
- Thinking and behavior after stroke
- Tracheostomy and ventilator dependence
- Traumatic brain injury
- Vocal fold nodules
- Vocal fold paralysis
This product also includes anatomical illustrations including:
- Head and neck
- Larynx and vocal folds
- Respiratory system
- Stages of swallowing
Use the hand-outs to
- Give to new patients
- Use as a marketing tool
- Share during health fairs, open houses, or other patient education opportunities
- Share with other professionals during in-services and meetings
Written in easy to understand language. Let’s Talks can be customized with your contact information.
Includes a User Guide with more information about the product and how to use it with your patients.