Auditory Skills Assessment (ASA)
As a member benefit, all prices are marked 10% off the list price.
For Children 3:6-6:11
The Auditory Skills Assessment (ASA) provides you with a tool for early identification of young children who might be at risk for auditory skill deficits and/or early literacy skill difficulties. This screener offers accurate, developmentally based results to help you determine which children may need follow-up, intervention, or further evaluation.
Features and Benefits
The ASA is designed to be a quick, reliable indicator of a young child’s auditory skills and includes the following features:
• unscored practice items to teach the tasks
• individual, untimed administration and scoring procedures that are quick, easy, and objective
• no required reading or written responses
• large, full-color illustrations that are tested to appeal to young children
• an indicator of performance (high, average, low) by domain to pinpoint further assessment or intervention needs
• case studies highlighted in the manual for supported use of the ASA
• researched validity and reliability
The ASA offers the following benefits:
• assesses auditory skills critical to the development of oral and written language skills
• offers the youngest age range in a published auditory skills screening and can provide an early warning indicator
• reflects best practices in behaviorally based auditory screening
• serves as a low tech, friendly screener for young children that doesn’t require headphones or an audiometer (a Stimulus CD is used to present stimuli)
• helps point you in the right direction by providing an indicator of performance across each domain, which may indicate a need for further follow-up evaluation, immediate intervention/instruction in auditory skills, or re-screening
ASA complete kit includes: Examiner’s Manual, Record Forms (25), Stimulus Book, Stimulus CD-ROM
ASHA offers these products as a convenience. Inclusion in ASHA promotional material does not imply ASHA endorsement of any publisher, author, product, program, viewpoint, or technique. Prices are subject to change.