April 23, 2019
8:00 p.m.–9:30 p.m. ET
Sponsored by SIG 3 Voice and Voice Disorders, In Recognition of World Voice Day
In recognition of World Voice Day, this online chat will address treatment of the singing voice in the vastly diverse singing voice community. Three singing voice clinicians will answer your questions about
- what singing voice therapy is;
- considerations for music genre and expectations;
- how to establish singing voice therapy goals; and
- when to transition from rehabilitation to the singing studio.
The following panelists will be available to answer questions:
- Starr Cookman, MA, CCC-SLP, Assistant Professor, Otolarygology, University of Connecticut Health; Department if Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology
- Shirley Gherson, MA, CCC-SLP, Clinical Voice Specialist at NYU Voice Center, Adjunct Professor at NYU Steinhart Graduate School, Clinical Professor at HYU Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology
- Jennifer Muckala, MA, CCC-SLP, Senior Speech Pathologist, Singing Voice Specialist, Clinical Faculty, Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt Voice Center, Vanderbilt Medical Center
This free event is open to all (it is not offered for CEUs).