An Overview of the AAC Assessment Process
As an SLP who understands language and speech production, you can do an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) assessment. Today more than ever, SLPs who work in all settings and across all ages need to be able to provide informed, client-centered recommendations for AAC services. But the number of options available and the variety of individual needs to consider can be overwhelming.
Using video and case study discussions, Pat Ourand will guide you through a detailed assessment process to support you in making strong recommendations based on an individual’s specific needs to improve the patient’s ability to communicate. You will walk away with some sample assessment tools, a sample assessment write-up, and a list of useful web references.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the salient sections of an AAC assessment
- Discuss the need for including a variety of technologies in the AAC assessment
- Recommend appropriate equipment based on individual AAC needs
- ASHA CEUs: 0.05 PDHs: 0.5
- Dates: 7/1/2015 to 7/31/2015
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
- Item #(s): WEB15252F
- Client Age: All
- Format(s): Streaming Video
- Language: English
- Author: Patricia Ourand, MS, CCC-SLP
- Table of Contents
- Patricia Ourand, MS, CCC-SLP
Want more FREE CEUs?
- Check out our upcoming schedule!
Share your thoughts!