Swallowing and Neurodegenerative Disease
Research confirms that neuroplasticity makes it possible to treat swallowing deficits behaviorally, even in persons with neurodegenerative disease. But treatment must be focused in order to yield positive or therapeutic results. This program reveals how to gain that focus. Review an array of strengthening and skill-building rehabilitation approaches and compensations that provide options for the majority of such patients. The goal is to equip you with concepts and tools to treat adults with neurodegenerative disease, and to advocate effectively on their behalf.
You will be able to:
- list the major categories of degenerative neurologic disease
- identify the underlying pathophysiology
- list any special diagnostic considerations
- provide the rationale for selecting appropriate treatment
- review selected treatment data