Wednesday, April 23 – Monday, May 5, 2014
This is the online conference for SLPs who want to use state-of-the-art assessment and intervention strategies to improve the quality of life for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Working with children with ASD can be challenging. In this online conference, led by Dr. Patricia Prelock, you'll get the tools to assess the social cognition of this population while learning strategies that support participation in the educational arena.
This online conference will help you make clinical decisions that foster growth in social communication and theory of mind in children with ASD.
After attending, you will be able to:
- Identify participation challenges in children with ASD related to impairments in social cognition
- Develop treatment goals that support the social communication and social cognition of this population
- Develop social stories that are designed to increase perspective-taking in social situations
- Use comic strip conversations to increase the clients' awareness of the thoughts and feelings of others
- Assess joint attention in minimally verbal children and implement strategies to support social communication using speech generating devices
We estimate that you'll be able to earn as many as 2.5 ASHA CEUs (25.0 professional development hours) for this event. Visit the event page for more details.
Sorry, we cannot accept purchase orders for this conference.
Cancellations and Refunds
Your written notice of cancellation will be accepted for a full refund of registration fees if received on or before April 28. To cancel, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Autism Conference cancellation."
Cancellations received after April 28 will be refunded less a $50 processing fee, and no continuing education credits may be earned for the conference. Cancellations will not be accepted after April 28th.