Speech and Language Assessment in Multicultural Populations
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
Assessing individuals from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds can be challenging. This webinar will give SLPs the tools and processes needed to confidently make diagnostic decisions for their students and clients from diverse backgrounds. The webinar will evaluate formal assessment tools and describe effective informal assessment approaches that can help SLPs confidently tease apart difference from disorder.
You will be able to:
- identify characteristics consistent with language development in English language learners from different language backgrounds
- utilize a framework to enhance understanding of speech and language patterns in English language learners from different language backgrounds
- evaluate formal testing instruments for multicultural populations
- analyze and interpret results from informal assessment approaches
- describe expected versus unexpected errors
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, references, worksheets, and eManual, so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.