SIG 13 Perspectives Vol. 20, No. 2, June 2011
This issue of Perspectives on Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) focuses on conducting research in the field of dysphagia. The authors discuss issues related to conducting clinical trials, collaborations between scientists and clinical SLPs to facilitate research, practical tips for conducting dysphagia research in the workplace, and ethical considerations for conducting clinical research. To conclude, we include a review of the responsibilities and challenges of being thoughtful and responsible research consumers.
You will be able to:
- describe challenges associated with randomized control trials
- describe the benefits associated with participating in research opportunities
- list the challenges associated with conducting research in the clinical setting
- identify the regulations and regulatory bodies in place to protect participants in research
- describe the components of evidence-based practice
Take advantage of the $5 dollar pricing when you become a SIG affiliate. Learn how to join a Special Interest Group (SIG) today.
Instructor Disclosure: Not available. The content for this program was developed and published prior to the ASHA Continuing Education Board requiring instructional personnel to provide financial and nonfinancial disclosure statements.
6/1/2011 to 3/23/2014