Putting Research Into Practice: Tutorials on Clinical Research, Implementation Science, and Evidence-Based Practice
In these articles, authors outline how implementation science can aid the advancement
of communication sciences and disorders; provide an introduction to patient-reported
outcome measures (PRO), the field of health services research, and research-practice
partnerships (RPPs); and provide a tutorial for clinicians interested in pursuing quality
improvement (QI) practice and research.
You will be able to:
- describe one exemplar study in implementation science to support clinical
researchers in communication sciences in disorders.
- define patient-reported outcomes and distinguish them from performance
- describe the health services research (HSR) and how HSR can be applied to
communication sciences and disorders.
- articulate the benefits for researchers and practitioners in communication
sciences and disorders to engage in research-practice partnerships.
- differentiate quality improvement practice and quality improvement research.