Whether you are a speech-language pathologist new to private practice or have an established practice and want to hone your skills, Private Practice Essentials gives you the business know-how you need to reach your goals.
Janet E. Brown and Denise Dougherty bring together a wealth of information to provide step-by-step guidance and business advice on starting a new venture — from creating your business plan, establishing your business and finding a premises, through finance and insurance, ethics and compliance, to marketing, branding and even expansion. Throughout, real-life scenarios, case studies, and lessons from successful business owners guide you along the way and help you avoid costly mistakes.
Private Practice Essentials provides:
• Information to help you decide whether becoming a business owner is the right step
• Guidance on writing a business plan
• Clear guidelines on when to bring in outside expertise
• An extensive chapter on financial management, including setting fees
• The pros and cons of accepting insurance, and how it works
• A detailed section on selecting practice management technology
• Practical ideas to market and promote your practice
• Advice on recruiting and managing staff
• Downloadable and printable policy templates and commonly used forms for you to adapt for your own practice
Praise for Private Practice Essentials:
“The most comprehensive book I have ever read on this subject . . . . It is mandatory for anyone thinking about starting or in the early stages of a private practice. The appendices alone are worth their weight in gold, truly timesavers for all of us.” —Eileen M. Devaney, MS, CC-SLP
“An excellent, comprehensive guide for speech pathologists. This publication provides practical, realistic advice and examples that will benefit those who are considering private practice as well as those who are already in private practice. Thank you for compiling this valuable resource!” —Mindy Newhouse, MS, CCC-SLP
“Denise and Janet have done a fantastic job of looking at all aspects of private practice, and I commend them for their diligence and dedication to our profession.” —Claudia H. Ellis, MA, CCC-SLP
About ASHA's Digital Products
When you purchase this digital product, you will get instant access to your content. Click on the “Access Your Content” link on your order confirmation screen or in your e-mail receipt. You will be prompted to sign in using your ASHA credentials. You will need to be connected to the Internet to view your content. You can access your content from any of your devices or computers from the “My Library” tab on the store, or via your ASHA Account page. Printing is by the page only. Digital products are not available for download to other devices. Please note that this digital product is nonrefundable. Find out more about ASHA's digital products.