Perspectives, SIG 1, Vol. 1, Part 4, 2016
This Perspectives addressed delivery of early intervention services in the child’s natural environment, and emphasized challenges, strategies, and supports in working with parents to effect change in children birth to three years of age. Specialized topics such as parent coaching models, AAC, diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and postpartum depression (PPD) were given special attention.
You will be able
- describe key principles of family-centered assessment and early intervention
- identify recommended practices guidelines that support the use of parent coaching models in response to common individual-level implementation barriers
- identify challenges and supports for families with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in early intervention
- discuss augmentative and alternative communication systems using family-centered practices
- explain the effects postpartum depression may have on infant communication and potential strategies to facilitate mother-infant communication
advantage of the $5 dollar pricing when you become a SIG affiliate. Learn how
to join a Special Interest
Group (SIG) today.