Medicaid Across Settings
This course includes three recorded sessions from ASHA’s
2018 Connect conferences, held in July in Baltimore, Maryland, that address the
current rules and regulations of the Medicaid program across health care,
school, and private practice settings. The speakers discuss recent changes to
Medicaid that may impact practice, where to find individual state requirements,
where to find medical necessity information to support Medicaid billing
requirements, common challenges of – and solutions for – meeting Medicaid
requirements, and all aspects of working with Medicaid managed care.
The three sessions are:
- Medicaid in 2018: What Health Care and Private Practitioners Need To Know, by
Laurie Alban Havens, MA, CCC-SLP (93 minutes)
- Getting Ready for School: Medicaid for School-Based Providers, by Laurie Alban
Havens, MA, CCC-SLP (93 minutes)
- Medicaid Managed Care Survival Guide, by Shannon Butkus, PhD, CCC-SLP
You will be able to:
- identify the source(s) of procedure codes
used in your practice
- explain the difference between medical
necessity and educationally relevant services
- describe regulatory requirements managed care
organizations must adhere to with respect to benefit limits and prior
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, handouts, and references so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.