Maximizing Professional and Personal Achievement
This course includes four recorded sessions from ASHA’s 2018
Connect conferences, held in July in Baltimore, Maryland. These sessions provide
myriad tips and proven, practical strategies to help you thrive across the
professional and personal areas of your life. Two sessions focus on the role of
emotional intelligence (EQ) and strategies for using it as a foundation for
self-motivation, problem-solving, and relationship strengthening. Two other
sessions focus on strategies for working smarter, serving your clients better,
neutralizing the negative behaviors of difficult people, finding personal time,
and enjoying your job more.
The four sessions are:
- What's EQ Got To Do With It? Using Your Emotional Intelligence to Maximize
Personal and Professional Growth, by Kari Knutson, MA (92 minutes)
- Emotional Intelligence in Action: Strategies for Using EQ in the Real World, by
Kari Knutson, MA (85 minutes)
- Hacking Stress: Survive and Thrive! by Shari Robertson, PhD, CCC-SLP (124
- Dealing With Difficult People: Take Charge and Rise Above the Fray! by Shari
Robertson, PhD, CCC-SLP (121 minutes)
You will be able to:
- summarize how EQ affects your thoughts,
feelings, and belief systems
- assess your strengths and weaknesses in the
five components of EQ
- develop a personal action plan to thrive in
your professional setting
- implement strategies to neutralize the
behavior of specific types of difficult people in your professional setting
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, handouts, and references so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.