Aphasia Treatment: Maximizing Functional Outcomes
Already an ASHA Learning Pass subscriber?
This course includes five recorded sessions from the 2018 online conference “Improving Functional Outcomes in Aphasia.” These sessions discuss specific treatment approaches for particular challenges and deficits that may affect individuals with aphasia. The conference included a total of 15 sessions, giving a comprehensive view of the current landscape of aphasia intervention as well as related subjects, including medical management, neuroplasticity, life participation, assessment, and more. Sessions explored practical treatment strategies to meet the needs of patients across the severity spectrum and in various treatment settings, as well as the unique needs of a range of patient subgroups.
You will be able to:
- list at least five treatment techniques for auditory comprehension deficits and identify the behavioral focus and dependent variable associated with each technique
- adapt fundamental principles of word retrieval treatments with nouns and verbs to different presentations of aphasia (e.g., more severe vs. mild)
- select appropriate assessments to target discourse-level improvements
- identify computer-based treatment options for aphasia
- discuss the efficacy of group treatment for individuals with aphasia
What is Included?
You'll get online access to all the course content, including the full video, handouts, and references so you can access it from anywhere!
Self-assessment—Think about what you learned and report on the Completion Form how you will use your new knowledge.
View all courses from the “Improving Functional Outcomes in Aphasia” online conference, available through the ASHA Learning Pass subscription or as an a la carte purchase.