Posting Date: 9/13/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Professional Education / Continuing Education
Coach: Director, Continuing Education Operations
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $75,087 – $83,430
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
This position consults with and trains ASHA Continuing Education (CE) Providers to plan, implement and evaluate continuing education offerings specific to audiology and speech-language pathology content that incorporate ASHA Continuing Education Board (CEB) standards; analyzes CE Providers’ course proposals and advises about improvements and areas of noncompliance with CEB standards; develops educational materials to improve the quality of CE Providers' offerings and ensures CE Providers’ compliance with ASHA CEB standards. The incumbent works with a team of CE Provider Managers and is assigned with a CE Accounts Manager on a dedicated caseload of ASHA Approved CE Providers. They have direct responsibility for establishing and maintaining goodwill relationships with CE Providers that result in quality CE offerings for ASHA members and certificate holders and the retention of CE Providers.
- Train and consult with CE Providers using CE/adult learning best practices and incorporating ASHA CEB standards.
- Evaluate CE Providers’ course submissions to ensure compliance with ASHA CEB standards and persuade providers to make changes to adhere to ASHA CEB standards.
- Monitor organization’s compliance with CEB standards and work with Providers to improve areas of non-compliance.
- Monitor Providers’ organizational changes and evaluate personnel changes.
- Develop educational resources directed toward ASHA CE Providers and provide training in needed areas to improve the quality of their CE offerings and ensure compliance with CEB standards.
- Conduct ongoing system evaluation to continuously improve efficiencies in workflow and service to customers.
- Facilitate achievement of CE team goals, CEB projects, and complete projects as assigned by coach or by the Director, CE.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a bachelor’s degree in communication Disorders, Adult Education, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar job (adult learning, continuing professional education, or related field)
- Experience in training others who develop continuing education courses.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
Demonstrated ability to:
- plan, implement, and evaluate professional education offerings according to generally recognized best practices in CE/Adult training.
- develop educational materials and training.
- develop and write specialized correspondence and technical procedures.
- use Microsoft Office products and relational databases, effectively and efficiently.
- proofread and edit.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
Demonstrated ability to:
- use relevant information and individual judgement to determine compliance with a standard.
- persuade people in positions higher than incumbents to make changes to processes.
- independently organize and prioritize workload.
- handle multiple complex tasks at various stages of their implementation under tight deadlines.
- problem-solve independently.
- communicate about complex procedures and standards.
- work cooperatively on a team as well as the ability to lead teams in work directives.
- use accepted customer service techniques when dealing with internal and external customers.