The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Posting Date: 4/4/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Digital Communications
Coach: Director, Digital Campaigns & Web Production
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $67,891 – $75,434
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
The Digital Campaign Manager is responsible for the daily management and production of assigned email campaigns and enewsletters. They have a thorough understanding of email campaign best practices, development, and production techniques. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, exhibits a high attention to detail, and is able to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Use copy provided by staff to stage, test, and send assigned email campaigns and enewsletters using existing templates and hand-coding HTML/CSS when necessary, according to style guidelines.
- Review assigned email campaigns and enewsletters prior to broadcast to maintain quality control by ensuring content and format are appropriate and within ASHA guidelines.
- Collaborate on the management and ongoing use of the ASHA email communications calendar as a scheduling and tracking tool for the organization and look for ways to improve its effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor assigned automated email campaigns to enhance overall productivity.
- Pull reports from multiple sources to analyze the effectiveness of ASHA email campaigns and enewsletters help staff make use of tracking data and testing.
- Work with the Digital Art Director to edit existing templates as needed for new business needs.
- Perform list pulls from ASHA’s data warehouse or coordinate with Data Analysis Team to do the same.
- Support efforts to maintain deliverability, email list hygiene (e.g., managing preferences, bounces, and bad addresses), and enewsletter subscription management.
- Support the use of emerging digital channels (e.g., paid search, paid social, and text messaging) for promotion of ASHA’s products, services, and content.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and practices in email marketing.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- A. / B.S.
- Relevant professional experience in email marketing and digital communications.
- Continuing education or coursework in email marketing and digital communications.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 1-3 years in the field of digital marketing and communications
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar email marketing software for email creation, list management, A/B testing, dynamic messaging, and response tracking
- Demonstrated expertise in email development and design using HTML tools and CSS
- Knowledge of foundational statistical concepts
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel for compiling and analyzing data, as well as list comparison
- Experience with Windows operating system, Microsoft Office applications
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills