Posting Date: 10/6/2023
Location: Rockville, MD
Cluster/Team: Digital Communications
Coach: Director, Digital Campaigns & Web Production
Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $67,891 – $75,434
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Valued. Be an important part of ASHA's daily email and e-newsletter communications using Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Trusted. Work with a supportive and energetic team to produce mission critical email and e-newsletters daily within Salesforce Marketing Cloud using copy provided by staff members. Frequently review email campaign and e-newsletter data to identify insights that can help staff and inform ASHA's email strategy. As you grow, routinely explore and share suggestions for leveraging untapped Marketing Cloud capabilities and new technologies (including AI tools) while expanding our use of text messaging.
Thriving. You will excel if you want to develop an expertise in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, have an eye for detail, communicate well with colleagues, and love to explore communication technologies.
The Digital Campaign Manager is responsible for the daily management and production of assigned email campaigns and enewsletters. They have a thorough understanding of email campaign best practices, development, and production techniques. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, exhibits a high attention to detail, and is able to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Use copy provided by staff to stage, test, and send assigned email campaigns and enewsletters using existing templates and hand-coding HTML/CSS when necessary, according to style guidelines.
- Review assigned email campaigns and enewsletters prior to broadcast to maintain quality control by ensuring content and format are appropriate and within ASHA guidelines.
- Collaborate on the management and ongoing use of the ASHA email communications calendar as a scheduling and tracking tool for the organization and look for ways to improve its effectiveness.
- Implement and monitor assigned automated email campaigns to enhance overall productivity.
- Pull reports from multiple sources to analyze the effectiveness of ASHA email campaigns and enewsletters help staff make use of tracking data and testing.
- Work with the Digital Art Director to edit existing templates as needed for new business needs.
- Perform list pulls from ASHA’s data warehouse or coordinate with Data Analysis Team to do the same.
- Support efforts to maintain deliverability, email list hygiene (e.g., managing preferences, bounces, and bad addresses), and enewsletter subscription management.
- Support the use of emerging digital channels (e.g., paid search, paid social, and text messaging) for promotion of ASHA’s products, services, and content.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and practices in email marketing.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- A. / B.S.
- Relevant professional experience in email marketing and digital communications.
- Continuing education or coursework in email marketing and digital communications.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 1-3 years in the field of digital marketing and communications
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar email marketing software for email creation, list management, A/B testing, dynamic messaging, and response tracking
- Demonstrated expertise in email development and design using HTML tools and CSS
- Knowledge of foundational statistical concepts
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel for compiling and analyzing data, as well as list comparison
- Experience with Windows operating system, Microsoft Office applications
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, ability to work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills